Friday, August 4, 2023

The Prayer of Faith

God answers the prayer of faith. That faith comes to us through the Spirit of God, based upon the word of God. So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). Do you pray resting upon the word of God? Pray the promises of God's word in your Bible.

Have you been praying about something for a long time? You may doubt if God is hearing you. So you have prayed and the answer has not come? The Bible teaches you to keep on praying. Don't give up. Faith waits on God to answer in His time and way. Faith refuses to give up, because God answers the prayer of faith. That faith stands firm upon the word of God.

Doubt says, I prayed yesterday and God hasn't answered my prayer. I guess He didn't hear me. Faith refuses to doubt, saying, I prayed and I know God heard me. He will answer in His time and in His way. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting (James 1:6). Faith without doubt expects God to answer prayer according to His word and will.

Do you pray with faith? Such faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Faith is based upon the word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. Faith receives with thanksgiving and praise to God. The prayer of faith defeats doubt to receive from God.